ikon’s black 10x42 ProStaff 3S Binoculars feature silver-alloy-coated roof prisms and anti-reflection multi-coated optics that produce bright and clear high-contrast images with true color rendition across the entire field of view. Their 8x magnification brings subjects up close, but without the noticeable hand shake often associated with higher power optics, while the 42mm objectives boost their light-gathering ability to improve views in challenging light such as at dawn and dusk or in foggy and cloudy weather. With the combination of prisms, optical coatings, a respectable angle of view, and an exceptionally long eye relief, users can enjoy a comfortable and immersive observational experience in most lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make these binoculars durable and comfortable to use. They have a lightweight and durable reinforced polycarbonate resin chassis, and are protected by black rubberized armor that is accented with textured palm pads to give them a secure non-slip grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible, as well as resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature variations and environmental conditions. A tethered one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as the binoculars hang around the neck and prevent rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps can clip onto the neck strap to keep them safe from blowing overboard or being lost on the forest floor.
Whether you’re hunting or birding, boating or watching your favorite team, this ProStaff will quickly become indispensable for all your outdoor activities.
- 8x power magnifies objects without sacrificing field of view or exit pupil
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability without adding excessive bulk or weight
- Roof prism light path ensures optical tubes remain thin for a compact form factor
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics maximize light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- High-reflectivity silver-alloy prism coatings reduce internal diffraction to further improve light transmission and contrast
- 377′ field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip center focus wheel allows for precise focus control, even while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric adjustment collar helps to compensate for individual eye prescription
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- Exceptionally long 20.2mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and improves viewing comfort
- Wide 5.3mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the full scene in view
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead and arsenic
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Textured protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather
- Textured, ergonomically placed palm pads improve grip stability and comfort
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to a depth of 3.3′ (1m) for up to 10 minutes and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions